POSITION: APPRENTICE CARPENTER - 2nd or 3rd YEAR
Quadrant is an established general contractor in the Edmonton area with a proud history of quality craftsmanship and expert project management. We are a high-end home renovator, custom home builder and commercial renovator. We have built our reputation as a quality builder on integrity, honesty and commitment to the highest standards of craftsmanship.
Quadrant Construction Ltd. is seeking a full-time 2nd or 3rd year Apprentice Carpenter. We are seeking candidates who are experienced in their apprentice program, coachable, keen, knowledgeable, skilled, and driven to succeed in our business. We are proud of our remarkable team, and are seeking an individual who leads by example and has a proven track record.
At Quadrant you will be responsible for continuing to uphold our strong reputation by ensuring the work you do is of upmost quality, demonstrate a commitment to safety, show strong organization and communication skills, complete rough and finishing carpentry methods and techniques appropriate to apprenticeship level.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform rough and finish carpentry to company’s standard of quality under the direction of the Lead Carpenter according to the plans and specifications. Bring discrepancies and special conditions to the attention of the Lead Carpenter.
• Maintain a safe and clean job site.
• Care for tools, equipment and material.
• Familiar with any or all of the following:
- Layout and install stud wall framing.
- Layout and install stairs for a basement or deck using framing square.
- Installation of standard wall-hung cabinetry and accessories.
- Installation of pre-hung door units and windows.
- Installation of drywall and able to properly tape drywall sheathing.
- Simple repairs in painting/staining, mechanical, plumbing, electrical and flooring.
• Self-directed individual who follows direction but leads by example.
• Comprehend drawings and accurately prepare layouts.
• Follow carpenter trade guidelines and regulations including provincial building codes.
• Personal safety equipment – approved steel toe work boots, hard hate, eye protection
• Measuring tape
• Cordless power tools
• Impact driver
• Complete set of woodworking hand tools, ie. hammers, chisels, saws, drill bits, planes, screwdrivers, etc.
• Levels, squares, layout tools necessary for all carpentry from framing to finishing.
• High School Diploma
• Enrollment in carpentry apprenticeship program
• Drivers licence and vehicle for transportation to and from different job sites
• 1 year skilled labour.
• 2-3 year’s on a jobsite in construction.
Wages commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits package will be provided after three months of employment. Tuition for Apprenticeship Program paid for by Quadrant upon successful completion.
JOB TYPE: Permanent Full-time
If interested, please forward your resume along with a brief cover letter outlining how your background qualifies you for this position.